Today’s tip features CustomerSource – your website for a wealth of information and resources for your Dynamics product. We’ve talked about CustomerSource before, but it’s worth reviewing again.
Microsoft Dynamics™ CustomerSource is an essential benefit of your enhancement plan, a valuable connection to your relationship with Microsoft® and an efficient way of accessing information that can further your business, 24 hours a day. As one of the benefits of being on a service plan for Microsoft Dynamics, CustomerSource empowers you with tools and information that can help you increase efficiency and productivity. Through self-help resources, such as Knowledge Base and technical documentation, CustomerSource can help you reduce support costs.
Around-the-clock access to downloadable training and interactive E-Learning courses provides you opportunities to learn at your convenience. The Microsoft Dynamics Communities offer a unique opportunity for you to share hard-won tips, to get answers to tough questions, or to broaden your understanding of your business management software. CustomerSource can save you time by providing a one-stop resource for quick and easy access to information that helps you maintain and expand your business management solution.
Keep current on the latest developments for your solution and future technology to maximize returns on your investment.
- Products and services: get the latest information about your microsoft dynamics solution and the maintenance and support plans to keep your solution up to speed.
- Communities: participate in product- and role-tailored discussion forums and exchange ideas and solutions with other customers.
- Product feedback: submit a suggestion for a new product feature and support other users’ suggestions through the use of newsgroups.
- Solution finder: search for information about third-party software products.
- Customer service plans: read about the policies of your service plan, such as investment protection and the support life cycle.
- News and events: read articles about business issues from industry experiences, view news affecting your business and solution with information on special offers, new products and press releases. Plan to attend an upcoming seminar, conference, or webcast to interact with your peers and improve your business success with microsoft dynamics.
Access self-help tools, training, and support around the clock to keep your solution running smoothly.
- Documentation: download installation guides, setup guides, user guides, system requirements, technical white papers, and updated help files.
- Searchable knowledge base: find answers to the most common technical questions, including troubleshooting steps, solutions to common problems, and how-to articles.
- Product roadmaps: get educated on future product roadmaps and information about ongoing innovation through major version releases.
- Certification: view classroom training schedules, access online training, read information about certification options and how to take exams, view lists of training materials, and find a microsoft certified partner for learning.
- Training: receive the new benefits of unlimited access to online training, including e-learning–classroom-equivalent online training on specific topic areas; training materials–a study tool or a desktop reference; learning plans–a training roadmap that outlines every training and certification option available for each module.
If your company is not currently using CustomerSource, follow these directions:
Step 1: Have Microsoft or your Partner add you as a Professional to your organization’s CustomerSource account.
The first person added to the CustomerSource account from your organization will be the CustomerSource Administrator. Be sure to provide your Partner with a valid e-mail address; this is e-mail address where you will receive an invitation e-mail to access CustomerSource.
Step 2: Create a Microsoft Live ID if you do not already have one.
If you don’t have a Windows Live ID, if you’re not sure if you have one, or if you forgot your Windows Live ID password, visit the Windows Live ID site. Once you’ve completed the creation of the Windows Live ID, close the browser window. This will be the username and password you use to log in to CustomerSource in the future.
Step 3: Open received e-mail.
First, make sure you are logged in to Microsoft Live ID; if you have multiple Windows Live ID accounts, please be sure to log in with the ID you would like to have associated to CustomerSource. Then go to the e-mail Inbox of the e-mail address you gave your Partner to access the CustomerSource invitation e-mail. (Note: If you don’t find the invitation e-mail in your Inbox, please check your Junk mail folder.)
Next, follow the instructions given in the invitations e-mail to associate your Microsoft Live ID with your CustomerSource account.
Step 4: Enter Windows Live ID.
You may be prompted again for your Windows Live ID. Again, if you have multiple Windows Live IDs, please log in with the ID you would like to have associated to your CustomerSource account.
Step 5: Success Message.
You will get a message saying you have successfully associated your Windows Live ID with your Microsoft Dynamics profile.
Step 6: Access CustomerSource.
Go to CustomerSource at https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource. When you use CustomerSource in the future, you’ll only need to use this Windows Live ID username and password to log in.
If your company is already using CustomerSource, the specified Administrator can follow these directions to add other employees:
- Sign in to CustomerSource.
- Navigate to My Account | Our CustomerSource Accounts.
- Click the Add New Professionals button.
- Enter the required profile information.
- Check the box at the bottom of the form to send invitation e-mail to this CustomerSource user to associate their Windows Live ID to this profile.
- Click Save.
We hope this information is helpful, and we encourage you to take advantage of this valuable resource!