Today’s tip is a brief preview of the next version of Dynamics GP – GP 2010 – scheduled for release later this year.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010—The new way to do business
Today’s world demands a new way to do business. Organizations continue to wrestle with complexity in a difficult business environment. They face the dual challenge of reducing operating costs while responding to greater customer needs and ultimately increasing profitability. Microsoft Dynamics® GP 2010 strengthens the ability of people and organizations to face these ongoing challenges, so that their businesses can remain competitive and grow.
This latest release of Microsoft Dynamics GP extends the reach of insight, productivity, and collaboration across the entire business, helping to ensure that people—an organization’s most powerful asset—and the different ways they work continue to drive business success. New capabilities deliver faster access to personalized business intelligence, enhanced ways to streamline business processes, and new ways to build stronger business relationships.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 makes it easier for people to work faster and smarter. Employees can make rapid, informed decisions and take action with enhanced insight that is personalized, simple to access, and extended across the organization through familiar Microsoft Office applications. In addition, this release continues to remove barriers that get in the way of working effectively to better connect people, information, and processes across applications and systems.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 continues to deliver on the promise of a comprehensive ERP solution that goes beyond basic business management and extends easily to meet unique business needs. Simple to implement and use, the solution delivers innovation that enables all people in an organization to work with information in ways that are familiar to them—today and into the future. It’s the new way to do business.
Bring personalized business insight to key roles in your organization and extend access to information to everyone in your company
Deliver role-tailored insight
- Stay connected, speed planning, and fuel performance with role-based, personalized dashboards and KPI’s that include charts, graphs, and gauges relevant to people’s roles.
- Drill-back views enable fast access to of the right level of data, from a KPI down to the specific record source.
- Leverage additional reports with the enhanced library of built-in Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services and Office Excel® reports.
Speed access to information
- Turn everyone into a power user—even if they’re not Microsoft Dynamics GP users—with the ability to directly access and share information through the Office SharePoint® Server 2007 Reports Library.
- Give people a centralized, Web-based source for viewing consolidated resources—and reduce administrative work—by deploying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports to Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Enhance the user experience within easy-to-use Action Panes and List Pages by connecting multiple data sources, such as ISV or custom fields.
- Tailor information access and delivery to meet specific user and business needs with enhanced Web Services.
- SQL Server views make it easier to retrieve data for simplified report creation. Extender views create SQL Server views that link Dynamics GP, ISV, or custom application for simplified reporting.